january-22-1901
Differences
This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.
Next revision | Previous revision | ||
january-22-1901 [2022/12/24 06:21] – created ehaight | january-22-1901 [2025/05/01 19:16] (current) – external edit 127.0.0.1 | ||
---|---|---|---|
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
- | ====== January 22, 1901 ====== | + | {{page>1901_news#january |
- | + | ||
- | ===== News ===== | + | |
- | + | ||
- | • The team announced they would continue a local tradition and call themselves the Athletics | + | |
- | + | ||
- | • The team also announced the hiring of [[Billy Sharsig]] as business manager | + | |
- | + | ||
- | • Sharsig had been a founding member of the Athletics team in the old American Association and had been their field manager for a few seasons in the late 1880s | + | |
- | + | ||
- | • And finally, the team announced they had signed a ten-year lease on the grounds at 29th and Columbia for the construction of a ballpark | + | |
- | + | ||
- | • The site was bounded by 29th Street on the east, 30th Street on the west, Columbia Street on the north, and Oxford Street on the south and enclosed a space 400 feet by 460 feet | + | |
- | + | ||
- | • The grandstand would be built by a firm headed by James Foster at an estimated cost of $35,000 | + | |
- | + | ||
- | • Total capacity would be 12,000, with 4,000 in a single-tier grandstand behind the plate, and the remaining 8,000 to be divided between two sets of bleachers down each foul line | + | |
- | + | ||
- | • A separate one-story building was to be built for locker rooms and the completion of all structures was scheduled for April 1 | + | |
- | + | ||
- | ---- | + | |
- | + | ||
- | <prespan>[[january-21-1901|< | + |
january-22-1901.1671862916.txt.gz · Last modified: 2022/12/24 06:21 by ehaight